Does this seem familiar? Simple misunderstanding can move in seconds to conflict and anger. If there is anything that needs dealing with in your relationship, please get in touch
Relationship Counselling helps to:
- Understand how family values, religion, country of origin and philosophy of life affect the relationship.
- Reflect on how the past operates in the present.
- Explore how arguments and rows seem to escalate in the same way each time.
Couples learn how to:
- Listen to and understand more about each other.
- Communicate in an easier and more constructive way.
- Negotiate difficult decisions.
- Recover the love, respect and fun that has previously been enjoyed.
- If two people decide to separate or divorce, then emotional support can be given through what is inevitably a painful process.
- I have trouble with close relationships
- We can't live together
- We can't live apart
- I want children, but my partner doesnt
- We are not communicating
- We love each other but can't stop rowing
- We have different sexual needs
- I can't cope with the jealousy
- We have money problems and my partner will not face up to them.
- The violence is frightening
- My partner is driving me crazy
- My partner wants a divorce but I don't, I just need to talk
- Single - and contented?
- Loving someone - can be a happy and magical time, but being in love can be agony.
- Living together - can be such fun but there can be unexpected difficulties.
- To marry or not to marry - one wants to, the other doesn't?
- Marriage - a contented time of growing together or more like drifting apart?
- First baby - can be a wonderful blessing, but depression, tiredness, emotional turmoil and different sexual needs can cause misunderstandings.
- Family - happy and rewarding, or everybody shouting?
- Relatives - a source of comfort and help, or causing difficulties?
- Life's ups and downs - unemployment, illness, bereavement etc., can rock the boat, or become an opportunity for growth.
- Teenage years - navigating successfully through a possible minefield?
- Re-marriage - contented and happy or children not settling?
- Considering a divorce? Have you thought through clearly what it means for each member of the family and for your future?
Train to be a Couples Counsellor [for Practitioners only]